Are you interested in applying for one of our leadership positions within SEAHO beginning in 2020? If so please click on the link that corresponds with the position of your interest.
Leadership within SEAHO comes from the Governing Council, which is made up of the Executive Board, the various committee chairs, and a representative from each state. You can click on the Governing Council option in the left menu to view contact information. For more information on the responsibilities of each position, you'll want to check out the SEAHO Constitution.
We are Currently Seeking Applications for the Following Positions:
Please view position descriptions below for more information...
SEAHO 2022, 2023, & 2024 Conference Coordinator
- Reviews all conference contracts that have been signed for conference and negotiates any changes
- Selects members of the host committee approximately 18 months prior to conference
- Shadows the current Conference Coordinator at Mid-Year and Annual Conference
- Work closely with President-Elect regarding conference
- Begins budget development with SEAHO Treasurer
- Submits budget request for Mid-Year, marketing and apparel requests
- Brainstorms theme options with host committee and President-Elect
- Plans summer site visit – who should attend?
- Contacts site to determine mid-year date options – determine date no later than May the year of mid-year
- Prepares save the date promo items for participants and corporate partners for distribution at annual conference the year before
- Prepares conference invitation video for presentation at Closing lunch at the previous year’s annual conference
- Provide oversight and planning for digital video history collection
- Act as a resource to the SEAHO leadership and membership on matters related to
- Educate membership through presentations and publications on SEAHO’s history.
- Submit reports to the Sage on the dates established by the Governing Council.
- Submit annual budget requests to the Sage in preparation for the annual Mid-Year
- Attend SEAHO Governing Council and Business Meetings at the Annual Conference.
ACUHO-I Foundation Representative Regional Cabinet
Nominated by the SEAHO President and approved by the ACUHO-I Foundation Board Chair. This person serves a two-year term and is not a member of the Governing Council. They report to the SEAHO President, and liaison with the Annual Conference Coordinator & SEAHO Legacy Fund Champion on fundraising events. Additional responsibilities will be outlined by the ACUHO-I Foundation Board. For more information, please click here. Applications for this position close September 12th, 2019 at 11:59pm.
- Attend Governing Council meetings as non-voting member.
- Create an annual premiere professional development institute designed for housing
professionals within their 1st three years of service.
- Design applicant recruitment and selection process with the goal of representation
from all SEAHO states, as well as all individual and institution demographics.
- Coordinate recruitment & selection of faculty with the goal of representation across
SEAHO states, as well as all individual and institution demographics. Faculty are
expected to be have at least 8 years full-time post-graduate school experience and
be currently employed at a SEAHO member school.
- Create curriculum designed to support participants in their current positions, as well
as to prepare and educate them on future skills/positions within Housing.
- Act as primary liaisons to the host campus
- Communicate with SEAHO treasurer on the program budget
- RELI Co-chairs report to the President or the President-Elect, at the President’s
- Annually select a new Co-chair to submit to the President as part of the chair-select
approval process. Co-chairs are expected to have served as faculty for at least one
year, though not necessarily the immediately previous RELI. Co-chairs are selected in
October and serve a three-year total term wherein they attend RELI as an observer
the 1st year and then as a Co-chair for the following two institutes.
- Submit Committee Reports to SEAHO Leadership according to stated deadlines.
- Submit full institute budget plan and rate proposal to the Treasurer by October 1st,
allowing for funding conversation at the Mid-Year meeting.
- Maintain a RELI manual outlining all institute functions including, but not limited to:
history of RELI, proposal process/timeline to host RELI, host documents, sample
schedules, task lists, budget material, faculty and participant information, and
- Annual submission of faculty and participant list, schedule and curriculum, as well as
annual report to the Archivist for historical preservation.
If you have any questions pertaining to any of the positions listed above, please reach out to current SEAHO President, Gavin Roark at firstname.lastname@example.org, Nyerere Tryman at email@example.com, or Chandra Myrick at firstname.lastname@example.org.