SEAHO CONFERENCE FEE WAIVER SCHOLARSHIP
Each Scholarship recipients will receive free registration for the annual conference. All other cost incurred for travel and lodging are the responsibility of the recipient. If the recipients are announced prior to the conference, the Association may assist the recipients in networking with other delegates to help offset costs, especially if the recipient’s home institution does not have other professionals attending the conference.
The Awards and Recognition Chairperson, in conjunction with the Treasurer, will arrange for the fee waiver.
- SEAHO will offer an Annual Conference Fee Waiver Scholarship to up to 10 delegates.
- The recipient selection is the responsibility of SEAHO.
- The selection process will be supervised by the Awards and Recognition Committee.
- The Governing Council of SEAHO will establish criteria for eligibility and selection.
- Eligibility shall be limited to:
- New or renewing professionals (first through third years), or
- Entry level persons, or
- Interns and graduate students.
- Other selection criteria:
- Ideally, there will be one scholarship recipient per SEAHO State.
- Recipients should represent both public and private institutions.
- Selection Criteria Successful candidate(s):
- Must have shown personal initiative to pursue a career in student affairs and demonstrated competence such as the following:
- S/he has sought to broaden her/his own base of professional understanding through participation and involvement in other organizations.
- S/he has sought to be a contributing member of the student affairs department by participating in both institutional and departmental committees.
- S/he has been an outstanding advisor to both students and student groups.
- S/he has sought to broaden her/his own understanding of diverse student needs.
- Must submit an application to the Awards and Recognition Chair by the publicized deadline. Application must include:
- A letter indicating why he/she is applying.
- A current resume.
- A one page letter of support from his/her Chief Housing or Student Affairs Officer and/or professor.
- A completed cover sheet with criteria information.
- Must be able to attend the Annual Conference and participate in a Peer Mentor Program.
- Must be willing to write an account of the conference experience to the SEAHO President following the conclusion of the conference for possible publication in the SEAHO Report.
The deadline for ALL awards materials to be submitted is EXTENDED until January 16, 2018.