The President-Elect shall preside at all Association functions in the absence of the President; serve as the chairperson of the Awards and Recognition Committee; prior to installation as President appoint incoming committee chairs, and perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned by either the President or the Governing Council. The President-Elect shall be elected at the annual conference for a three-year commitment of service, which includes one year in each of the offices of President-Elect, President and Past President. Shall serve on the SEAHO Budget Review Committee.
Katrina J. Pawvluk
Associate Director for Housing Operations | North Carolina State University
It is a true honor to be considered as a candidate for the position as SEAHO President-Elect. SEAHO has been my primary home for professional development for more than 20 years and it continues to be a place that challenges me, supports me and encourages me in my professional journey. I currently serve as the Associate Director for Housing Operations at NC State University but I have worked within the SEAHO region for more than 25 years. Over the years I have been actively involved with both SEAHO and the Virginia Association for College and University Housing Officers (VACUHO). SEAHO has afforded me many opportunities to grow professionally over the years and the opportunity to serve as President-Elect will allow me to give back even more to the organization that has given me so much.
Over the years I have eagerly sought out ways to serve SEAHO including mentoring young professionals, volunteering and presenting programs at 13 different SEAHO conferences. Below are some highlights of my involvements with SEAHO and VACUHO:
- SEAHO 2019 Program Committee
- SEAHO 2018 Host Committee - Budget
- SEAHO Director of State Representatives, February 2014-2016
- SEAHO 2013 Conference Coordinator
- SEAHO Conference Hosting Task Force, 2010-2011
- SEAHO Program Committee, 2007-2009 (Chair, 2009); 2017
- SEAHO Technology Coordinator, 2006-2008
- SEAHO Webmaster, 2000-2006
- SEAHO Conference Host Committee, 2000 and 2010
- SEAHO - Virginia State Representative and Editor, 1999-2001
- VACUHO Awards and Recognition Chair, 2002-2004
- VACUHO Past President/Conference Co-Chair, 2001-2002
- VACUHO President, 2000-2001
If given the opportunity to take on this new challenge I will make every effort to make a positive difference for SEAHO as well as each individual I have the opportunity to work with. It would be my goal as President to help SEAHO to challenge, support and encourage its members and member institutions throughout the year and not just at the annual conference. I will be an active and involved member of the SEAHO Executive Board and will help in any way I can to build on the strong organizational foundation that is already in place. Thank you for considering me as a candidate for President-Elect.
Director of Housing | Middle Tennessee State University
I want to begin by sharing that I am honored and humbled by the nomination to serve as President-Elect of SEAHO. It would be an amazing opportunity for me to give back to an organization that has done so much for me personally and professionally.
I began my involvement with SEAHO in 1997 when I attended my first conference. The energy of giving back to this organization that gives so much to its professionals was immediately felt, so I joined my first committee that year and have loved being involved ever since. I have been able to serve SEAHO and this profession through many opportunities, including these highlighted below.
Housing Association Experience:
- TACUHO Secretary/Treasurer 1997-2000
- TACUHO State Representative 2000-2003
- TACUHO President/Conference Co-Chair 2007-2008
- SEAHO 2002 Conference Registration Co-Chair
- SEAHO Educational Programming Co-Chair 2007-2008
- SEAHO Outreach Coordinator 2008-2009
- SEAHO 2012 Conference Co-Chair
- SEAHO 2016 Conference Committee Budget Chair
My experience with SEAHO over the past 22 years has shown me that it is an ever-evolving organization that is always looking for better ways to serve its constituents. The leaders and the membership of this organization have never been satisfied with status quo and are always looking for new ways to push this organization forward. If elected, I would be determined to continue this trend and would specifically focus on the following areas:
- Growing SEAHO’s commitment to yearlong engagement of its membership.
- Financial policies and management that ensures viability of the organization and continued advancement.
- Developing avenues for support of the different levels of professionals within SEAHO.
- Continue the implementation and assessment of the Strategic Plan. This living document requires our continual review to ensure that we are meeting the needs of our Association.
To say that it would be a privilege to serve the organization in this capacity is an understatement. I would be excited to serve the organization in this role and I would tackle the opportunity with commitment and dedication.
Director of Housing Operations | University of Alabama
Hello SEAHO friends! Thank you for considering me for the SEAHO-President elect position. I am truly humbled to simply be nominated and would take it as an honor to serve in this capacity. As many of you know I fell into this profession by accident (some would call it destiny). With no experience (or interest) in housing I graduated from Mississippi State University (MSU) with my eyes set on a career as a DC bureaucrat. It came to me as a blessing that there was one graduate hall director position still available and that is where my housing journey began. Some almost 20 years later I can say I have found my professional home and I am thrilled about that. I have held positions at the University of Georgia, Georgia Gwinnett College, and most recently The University of Alabama as their Director of Housing Operations where I manage all facilities and construction for a portfolio with approximately 3.8 million square feet. I have served SEAHO in the various capacities outlined below, but most importantly I have found a group of talented and dedicated professionals who have helped me and contributed to my growth.
My Experience includes:
- Executive Board (Director of State Reps) 2016-2018
- Host Committee - Volunteer Coordinator 2017 conference
- State Rep for Georgia (2013-2015)
- Faculty Member (RELI 2014)
- Participant (RELI 2006)
- SEAHO Report Editorial Board 2007-2008
- Corporate Partners Committee (2012 – Present)
- Program Committee (2013-2015)
- ACUHO-I Exhibits Committee (2012 – present)
- Implementation team for NHTI 2011 and 2012
- GHO Executive Board Member (2013 – 2015)
- GHO Awards Committee Member 2017
- GHO Special Events
If elected as President, I would hope to give back to the profession and pour into people the same way that others have poured into me through mentorship and personal interaction with the SEAHO body. I would pay attention to the member needs assessment and adhere to the vision, values, and goals espoused in our guiding documents as we move the association forward. I would also focus on issues of diversity, equity, and inclusion that enrich our learning environment and create space for everyone to be their authentic selves. I would also focus on engagement with new professionals and increasing our social media presence #SEAHOAllYear. I am excited about the possibilities to be your next leader and thank you for considering me as a worthy and capable leader for the best of all the regions under the ACUHO-I umbrella!