- Awards and Scholarship
- Connect and Engage
|Relationship with ACUHO-I|
STATEMENT OF WORKING RELATIONSHIP WITH ACUHO-I
Approved by SEAHO Governing Council November 4, 1999
1. The Association of College and University Housing Officers-International recognizes the regional Associations as interdependent, independent and separate Associations. It is at the discretion of each region to determine their affiliation with ACUHO-I.
3. Responsibilities of ACUHO-I to Affiliated Regions:
• Regional executive board rosters
c. Provide to Regional Executive Boards ACUHO-I information as requested
• Surveys, questionnaires, and findings of the Research and Information Committee
d. Distribute to each regional president
• Talking Stick (monthly)
e. Provide regional meeting time and reception time at annual conference
f. Coordinate the timing and sponsorship of the volleyball tournament
g. Schedule the Regional Presidents meeting at the annual conference
h. Provide financial support/funds to cover additional lodging and food costs for the regional president and president-elect to attend the ACUHO-I annual conference President Meeting.
i. Invite President(s) and President(s)-Elect to meet with the ACUHO-I Executive Board at the annual conference.
j. Provide program slots at the annual conference for the outstanding regional conference programs.
k. Via the District Representatives, seek input, concerns, feedback, and suggestions from the regions.
l. Include regional submissions on the Executive Board agenda.
m. Send District Representative to regional conferences. Unless decided differently by each region, the region will cover conference registration and room and board during the conference. ACUHO-I will pay for the travel. It is understood that travel, conference fees, and room and board is expected to be covered by the District Representative when they’re attending their "home” regional conference.
4. Responsibilities of Affiliated Regions to ACUHO-I
a. Update and maintain regional web site on a regular basis; work closely with Central Office.
• Regional executive board roster
c. Be judicious in requests of information from ACUHO-I.
d. Send regional newsletters to District Representative, ACUHO-I Secretary, ACUHO-I President, ACUHO-I Executive Director, Publications Coordinator, The Talking Stick editor.
e. Participate in the Regional Presidents meeting at the annual ACUHO-I conference.
f. Send two representatives to the ACUHO-I Executive Board meeting at the annual conference.
g. Submit quarterly reports to the District Representative.
h. Promote ACUHO-I membership, ACUHO-I workshops, placement services, and donations to the ACUHO-I Foundation to regional members.
i. Regions choosing to use ACUHO-I as a service provider for their web site will pay fees negotiated in advance with ACUHO-I for the specific services requested.
5. Dues a. Since ACUHO-I and a region would benefit from formal affiliation, we believe that affiliation should not be connected with dues. It is understood no out-of-pocket cost would be passed on to the Regions. In other words, there are no hidden costs.