Suggested Items to Bring
- Comfortable clothing. RELI is an informal setting, don’t bring sweatpants or short cut offs, but casual attire is appropriate. If you get cold in air conditioning you may want to bring a sweater/sweatshirt to stay warm
- Your RELI Polo Shirt
- Laptop computer (a laptop and projector will be provided for presentations)
- Cell Phone (there will not be a phone in your room)
- Comfortable walking shoes
- Book to read (there is no TV in your room, but there is one in the building)
- All necessary toiletry items, including soap, shampoo, etc.
- Clothes hangers
- Shower shoes
- Pillow and blanket (linens are provided, but you may want your own pillow and blanket if you can bring it)
- Big bath towels (towels are provided, but you may want your own larger towels)
- Snacks and beverages for your room. There will be snacks and beverages in the meeting room, but you may want to have some things in your room.
- Cash, debit or credit cards. You will need money for a few meals during the Institute.
- Notecards, paper, envelopes, etc. for sending encouraging notes to participants and faculty members
- Business cards for everyone. Bring approximately 50 cards.
- Don’t forget the common reader book. Make sure you read it before you get to RELI.
During the Institute
- You will be staying on the University of South Carolina Campus in a residence hall.
- Faculty will have their own individual room on a traditional style floor.
- Participants will share a traditional double room with another participant; all linens are provided.
- All meals are provided during the Institute, with the exception of the "Night on the Town".
- There will be a slide show for the closing luncheon so if you are a picture person and would like to help that would be great! You will be asked to email the pictures to a USC staff member.
- Mentoring times are pre-identified. Some of the mentoring times will be with your cluster and the other times will be 1:1s.