Purpose: A form of official recognition by SEAHO, a "Resolution of Appreciation."
1. To allow a vehicle for recognizing distinguished leaders in Housing and Residence Life in the southeast who leave the field through retirement, career change, or death.
2. To publicly honor these individuals at a SEAHO annual conference.
3. To record the outstanding contributions of these individuals for posterity. Process:
1. Any member of the SEAHO Leadership Team may present a proposed Resolution of Appreciation to the Governing Council for consideration.
2. The Governing Council must approve a proposed resolution by a simple majority.
3. Approved resolutions will be read to SEAHO delegates at the annual conference at a time prescribed by the SEAHO president.
4. Honoree(s) and/or family members may be invited to the annual conference to receive a resolution of appreciation.
Resolution of Appreciation
WHEREAS, [Name] served as a housing/residence life professional with distinction for [#] years, and
WHEREAS, [Name] supported the goals for the Southeastern Association of Housing Officers through [conference attendance, program presentations, offices held, service on committees, etc.], and
WHEREAS, [Name] also promoted the housing/residence life profession through leadership and involvement at the state and national level, and
WHEREAS, [Name's] tenure as a housing/residence life professional was characterized by [list appropriate nouns: e.g., creativity, excellence, caring, resourcefulness, enthusiasm, etc.], and
WHEREAS, [add appropriate personalized accolades as desired],
BE IT THEREFORE RESOLVED that the Governing Council of the Southeastern Association of Housing Officers, on behalf of its membership, wishes to express its sincerest appreciation and highest esteem to [Name] for [his/her] exemplary contributions to our association and our field.