Modified on 02/21/2013
Will be composed of members and a chairperson appointed by the President. Chair attends Governing Council meetings as a non-voting member.
• Will be responsible for encouraging, creating and promoting programs, which address human relation issues in the work force, in residence halls, and in the college community. 23
• Will be responsible for ensuring that the Association and the annual conference are inviting of diversity responsible to human relations issues.
• Coordinate the SEAHO Silent Auction as the annual conference.
• Assist the nominations committee in the identification of a diverse group of nominees for election; must be aware of nominations deadline.
• Submit a conference program proposal dealing with current issues.
• Coordinate, in conjunction with the annual conference staff, the SEAHO Silent Auction.
• Offer a conference roundtable discussion regarding the work of the task force.
• Develop a listing of housing professionals in the region who represent diverse cultural backgrounds.
• Develop resources for housing professionals to address multicultural needs of college campuses.
• Create specific programmatic and experiential opportunities for housing professionals to enhance their knowledge of diversity/multiculturalism through the vehicles of programs, technology and personal interactions.
• Submit Committee Reports and budget proposal to the Member at Large according to stated deadlines.
• In conjunction with the Awards and Recognition Chair, coordinate selection of the SEAHO PEACE
Award by choosing a recipient and notifying the Awards and Recognition Committee Chair.