SEAHO will offer an Annual Conference Fee Waiver Scholarship to up to10 delegates.
Recipient selection is the responsibility of SEAHO.
The selection process will be supervised by the Awards and Recognition Committee.
The Governing Board of SEAHO will establish criteria for eligibility and selection. The criteria are as follows:
1. Eligibility shall be limited to:
a. New or renewing professionals (first through third years), or
b. Entry level persons, or
c. Interns and graduate students
2. Related Conditions:
a. Ideally, there will be one scholarship recipient per SEAHO state.
Recipients should represent both public and private institutions.
1. Must have shown personal initiative to pursue a career in student affairs and demonstrated competence such as the following:
a. S/he has sought to broaden his/her own base of professional understanding through participation and involvement in other organizations.
b. S/he has sought to be a contributing member of the student affairs department by participating in both institutional and departmental committees.
c. S/he has been an outstanding advisor to both students and student groups.
d. S/he has sought to broaden his/her own understanding of diverse student needs.
2. Must submit an application to the Awards and Recognition chair by the prescribed deadline. Applications must include:
a. A letter indicating why he/she is applying.
b. A current resume.
c. A one page letter of support from his/her Chief Housing or Student Affairs Officer and/or professor
d. A completed cover sheet with criteria information.
3. Must be able to attend the annual conference and participate in a Peer Mentor Program.
4. Must be willing to write an account of the conference experience to the SEAHO President following the conclusion of the conference for possible publication.